2.14.2011

My life is dismal. Here is the result.

Wedding plans.

This is happening.

I'll have you all know that I am not one of those girls that have dreamed about their planned wedding since they were 5. I was too busy just hoping for a boyfriend. This whole wedding craze is an extremely recent thing. The moral is...this is the first dress that I've fallen in love with. And it took forEVER to find this one that I was remotely excited about.

It wouldn't let me transfer a picture: http://www.latterdaybride.com/romana-details.php

Also, did you know that J crew has wedding dresses? What a FIND!
http://www.jcrew.com/wedding/Wedding_Bride.jsp

AND the limited! I'm in love with these two:


http://www.thelimited.com/category/apparel/weddings-events/wedding-dresses

As far as bridesmaids go, here's what I'm thinking: I don't know how many I'll have, but they will have the option of pencil or A-line skirt. Probably black or grey herringbone. They'll have matching blouses and cardigans, with cute heels or flats. Functional, classy, and comfortable.

Skirts: courtsey of The Limited.
 

Blouses: each gets a different color of a generic blouse like these, from The Limited and J Crew.


Sweaters: cardigans, in the appropriate color or colors (shown, from Gap and J Crew).


I couldn't find any inspiring patterns, but the blouse would hopefully be some kind of stripe or cute pattern. Wedding colors? I'm thinking pink, yellow, and black. :) 

Shoes? Payless or Target black pumps would do the trick. But what if they had TOMS instead?! Genius, I know. 

Needless to say, it's going to be awesome, classy, low key, comfortable, and relatively inexpensive. and if the bridesmaids conveniently turn out to look like me...well, so be it. :) I think it'll be a lovely mix of timeless style (pencil skirts and pearls) with fun and silly touches (toms and...I don't know? personality?)

You are cordially invited. :)


0 comments: