2.11.2011

Found: Soul mate! But not for long.

Remember Chandler? The mystery boy from the past Monday evening shuttle ride? Guess who I spotted on the shuttle yesterday afternoon!?

Here's the sitch:

Alyse and I got on a shuttle to go back to our dorms at approximately 2 pm. I had a concert that evening, and she had to get ready to go to Lehi for her usual Thursday trumpet class (which she teaches). Anyway, we got on with some other people we knew, and I was chatting (and standing. ugh) with one of them. At the trax stop, a load of people got off, and I took a seat next to Alyse. It didn't take long before her eyes landed on a lovely tall young man in a camouflage uniform. (Alyse has always taken a liking to men in uniform. It's in the blood.) Well he was standing, and she commented on how cute he was (nothing outside of standard procedure with us) and I agreed. A couple stops later, it dawned on me.

This cadet in the United States Air Force was my Chandler.

Well, needless to say, I freaked out, quickly told Alyse what was going on, and the whole situation was so comical. It all happened so fast. I looked back, and Chandler was looking me, so we did the whole looking-and-looking-away thing all over again, (see past blog entry for details) except this time, Alyse was there to say "he's looking at you" multiple times.

Unfortunately, he got off a couple stops later and we saw him cross the street towards the Huntsman Center (basketball arena). But the good news is, he wasn't a figure of my imagination. I was beginning to worry. Also, he got the Alyse Mourdock stamp of approval. Which is pretty much only second best to Oprah's.

P.S. His uniform informed me of his last name. Horn. His last name is horn. I can't escape music to save my life. However, it does pass the one-syllable-last-name test that I've been harping on for years. (My name just doesn't sound good with more than one syllable of a last name!)

I'll enclose a plea to my lost-again Cadet Horn. Please distribute to anyone matching his description.

Dear Mr. Horn,
Will you be my valentine?
Fondly,
Amberley

0 comments: