1.02.2011

Getting closer to heaven in 2011!

Happy new year to you all!

To commemorate the beginning of 2011, I thought I'd make a cliche list of 10 things I wish to learn, do, or change this coming year, semester, month, or even week. (We'll see how far I get with my commitment to any of these. haha)

1. Eat at least two square (triangular?) meals a day. This is super difficult when I don't have a lunch break. But I think I might this semester!
2. Learn the power of fasting. I'm so terrible at fasting, mostly because I hardly understand the concept. I know what it is, and what it does, but when it comes down to actually doing it, it's not as simple or straightforward as everyone says. I want to fast more frequently, and begin to use that in my life.
3. I need to stop studying for music history tests so darn late. Goal: make a playlist of the songs and put it on my phone as soon as possible. Probably before the review is posted online.
4. Read Preach my Gospel. I have a copy of it sitting on my desk, but I've maybe opened it twice. While all these super awesome young men are off gallivanting on their missions, I need to study up too.
5. Work out on a consistent basis. I'm so much happier and energetic when I'm exercising. I don't know how my schedule will work out yet, but when the semester gets underway, I'm going to start exercising again.
6. Be my own person. I kind of lost my personal identity this past fall, and I'm reclaiming it. This includes standing up for what I believe and not making sacrifices in that area just to fit in, or to feel liked.
7. Which brings me to the next change: gossip needs to stop. If I don't want to say something to the person's face, I shouldn't be saying it at all. I need to get back to the place where I felt like I truly tried to accept everyone into my friend group - no cliques.
8. Visiting teaching - what a nightmare. It's time that I finally suck it up and make it happen. This will increase my testimony of obedience and faith, and I'll stop denying myself of those blessings.
9. Stop overeating at the HC! I finally mastered the using-up-my-meal-plan, which is fantastic news! But now I need to reel it in, and stop overeating there...usually just because I don't want to go back home and do my homework. How dumb. I'll just eat slower. :)
10. Keep my desk cleaner. I was super good at being clean last year, and I need to get back to that regiment of cleaning. It'll be easier now that football season is over - I can have my Saturdays back! If I keep my desk cleaner, then I won't just come home and sit on my bed to do all my homework. That's really killing my back, and isn't the most productive decision. Also, I can vacuum more frequently (like I used to...) since I have my own now!

Okay. This will work. :) I think they're all pretty feasible. Nothing that I didn't already have in mind for myself. I hope that your holiday seasons went well, and that you are refreshed for the new semester. I'm....almost refreshed. We'll see how I feel in another week or so. Happy new year!

0 comments: