2.08.2010

the prospects of a husband look grim.

...so I was thinking today about how all guys really can be considered the same. They aren't created with the innate ability to love and nurture. They just don't, and won't, instinctually care. So maybe when I find a guy that cares about me as much (if not more) as I care about him, he'll be the one. But how will I know? My job is to find the one that is willing resist his instincts and fight for me. I feel like guys cower in the corner when something goes wrong, afraid that we're on the brink of erupting in their faces, unjustified -- because we do! But are we ever going to be on the same page? A woman naturally expects a man to sense her emotions and what has caused them, since females do it every hour. That's a lot of pressure that we're putting on our men. No wonder we scare them away before we can give them a glimpse at an eternity of a marriage. If they can't handle me when my cake doesn't rise, how will they deal with me when my child falls slave to drugs and alcohol? All of these little things offer insights into a bigger picture -- a bigger plan. Is it possible to find someone to set aside all of his selfish desires to comfort my sorrowful heart?


I hope so.

Until then, I'll have to rough it with Ashley.

I'm not complaining. :)

0 comments: